Friday, May 22, 2009

Bath time


So I'm in Bath. After waking up way too early this morning at 8am. Well, I guess it could be worse. Two of the girls that I was sharing a hostel room with had to get up before 6 to make it to the train station in time.

I'm writing from my iPod so it's a bit slow, and this might me a bit short. I've met some interesting people already. There were the two girls from Minnesota (sorry if I butchered that) whom were on a 5 week tour of Europe. I've actually met two austrailians. Both times the conversation kinda just dwindled to nothing. They just weren't holding up their end of the conversation. But today on my bus ride over from London, I talked to Shannon, who had come over from the states to study and work in Scotland. She just happened to live in Edinburgh at the moment. Which is going to be my next stop. So I got a bunch of good places to visit as well as contact info should I need anything while visiting. I thought that was a pretty cool encounter. Especially since there were a number of other seats open.

I then got to talk to a man from new zeland. During the three hour ride I learned all sorts of things about the country. As well as ok farming, which is what the man did (he was close to retirement age and travelig everywhere vistinf family and friends). It was cool to see someone with such a far flug family network (he had just come from signapor andwas heading to Osaka Japan later on).

Ok fingers falling asleep so i'll sum up. I saw the roman baths, had an almost private tour for free (just two other people), saw a ton of musical acts since today just so happened to be the kickoff of a huge music festival in Bath. I also saw fireworks and most elusive Chior of all... The all white gospel chior.

Well I'm off to sleep.

2 comments:

Aha,your are using your master digit to write...Music fireworks and a white gospel choir..what fun!
The Lord is traveling with you= an angel in the form of Shannon. Good contact! I am so sorry I missed another transatlantic phone conversation with you yesterday,AHHHH!! I just love the thought that I can 'talk to you across the ocean blue'. Sleep well and have a wonderful day in Edinburgh! lv,silverstreak

Jor man!

Julie and I just returned from our honeymoon (you're going to love Santorini!) and are getting our bearings back in Brooklyn. We're all thrown off time-wise as well, so we know how you feel.

I'm so glad you are blogging about your adventures! Don't stop. And I'd keep a personal journal if I were you as well. I still go back to the one I had while traveling often.

The Roman Baths are pretty amazing, right? I remember being there with Rudy. I trust you saw the baths themselves. Crazy how the Romans built back in the day, eh?

Well, here is to the start of an amazing journey. Soak it up. Keep meeting people, and hear their stories. Take in the sights, write, take pictures, blog. And by all means, savor the foods of the world...and the beer/wine of course! You're going to have a blast!